Thursday, April 2, 2015

Capitals Calling

Oh how I've missed you, or maybe more correctly - oh how I've missed me. I've been gone for a loooonngggg time - yes two years to be almost exact, but let me tell you I've thought about this space often and reminisced. I never thought to come back to blogging as I figured to be inspired to write I needed to honor how this blog started - sharing new insights into adventures in new capital cities and how much more do I have to say about Rome (didn't you get enough after two years of the capital of the ancient world) or traveling to the same two countries in Africa back and forth for years (Malawi and Sierra Leone). But then the Capital fates intervened.....

London Calling
Now granted London didn't actually call me, but you know how sometimes you eavesdrop on calls and then tell the stories you heard like they were your own until it becomes like that call was for you? No? Well if you know the background of the term 'london calling' you would know that it was even, and especially, open to eavesdroppers.  So I heard you London, even through the morse code of love, I got it loud and clear that it's not only time for a new adventure but also time to come back to this space.

100daysofRome
My calling has me departing Rome in June to follow the great big smoke signals to what this new capital will entail. And while there aren't quite 100 days before my planned sniffing smoke journey, my plan is to go back to where this blog started with a catalogue of the 100 things I am truly truly going to miss about my newish found home in Rome. A few rules about this 100thing objective - 1) I won't be reading old blog posts, so expect some regurgitation as I summarize the best of the best of these last four years; 2) you know Italians don't like rules so I will post a few at a time or none at all, no schedule promised, just that I'm seeking to hit 100 before I high step out of here.

YouCallYourselfCapitalThoughts?
It's true that I quit this blog when I felt like I had no new material, but in fact I did keep traveling, albeit less regularly, and I owe it to those other capitals to share a few insights. I will feature a few guest capital moments in my countdown to saying Ciao for Now to Italy including: Amman, Kinshasa, Panama City, Copenhagen, Pattaya (I know it's not a capital per se, but it is the world capital of sex tourism so in my book of no rules, it qualifies), Colombo......

I invite you back to join me on this next adventure of saying goodbye to one capital and saying Good day (Ta? I mean what do they in British English?) to a new one.........As always I don't promise you good grammar, or basically anything else, other than the ability to read my capital thoughts.....


1 comment:

  1. I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOUR BLOG! Like an hour ago. Happy to see you are back :)

    ReplyDelete