Monday, November 23, 2009

#26 Living in a non-state

The show "Do you think you're smarter than a fifth grader" should probably include a question about what state DC is in. I was recently in another airport, I won't name the state so as not to embarrass them, but they took my id and immediately asked me why my license didn't have a state on it. Ummm, cause DC is not a state. Apparently the fact that DC is a district is not an obvious fact for the rest of America. One thing about living in a non-state, no Senators, and as they say "Taxation with no representation". I'll keep paying those high taxes for no senators, for the laughs it gets me and the feeling of superiority over all those who don't understand our status, when I encounter this convo again. The one thing I'm pissed about is the repeal of our anti-gun laws. Not to get political on my silly blog, but why do you care what we're doing in our non-state with the highest gun violence in the country, I mean we have no senators, at least let us have no guns.
*** Yes I understand the complexities of the gun law and what it means for the rest of the U.S. Again this is a silly blog, so please save your comments on this issue for other venues

No comments:

Post a Comment