Monday, November 23, 2009

#28 Park at 13th and G

Park is probably a generous term. Courtyard is probably better. Since I've moved to DC, I've worked (other than Madhatter, see #25) within a block of this little sanctuary. There's a church and a few benches and trees in the middle of metro center. Its somewhere in the middle of the day I can go and just sit and make phone calls or read my book (being anti-social as I sometimes need to be to leave Spanishland at lunch) or people watch and enjoy some sun. My favorite regular is a 45 (approx) woman who seems to always be there peacefully enjoying her book. If I'm 45 and reading in a park on my lunch break, that won't be too bad for me (lets be honest, I'm doing that now cause I'm 45). Thank you park for giving me some sun and solitude in the middle of a workday, and fewer homeless people than in normal parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment