Monday, November 23, 2009

#29 Napping in Freedom Plaza

Freedom Plaza is at Pennsylvania and 13th street and is also the staging location for many marches, including Light the Night (love you Jon, Mr. Sanders, and Mr. Cheng, we miss you). During the day its pretty empty and within three blocks of my office. Based on my last post you'll probably think I barely work, but I really enjoy walking down here and eating my lunch while looking at the Capitol and then laying down for a quick nap. Unlike most parks/public spaces in DC, its not overrun with homeless people and there's plenty of room to stretch out and take in some sun and some mid-day sleep without worrying about being harassed for money or getting drool thats not yours on yourself, all within view of the Capitol and the White House. Thanks for the zzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment