Sunday, October 4, 2009

#16 The Zoo

Sorry for the long time lapse. I've been in San Diego, which coincidentally is home to, some would say, the best zoo in the world. I grew up going to the San Diego Zoo and just went back this past week for the first time in awhile. It is still as awesome as ever, if not even better, but you know what - its expensive! Luckily I went with my Dad (yes, I'm seven years old) and he treated, I did buy my own popcorn however. Anyway, while I will admit DC's zoo is not quite to the level of San Diego, its FREE! And we have had a baby panda and baby tigers in the last five years that I've lived here. There's something about going to the zoo that makes you feel like you're a kid again and makes you forget about your high stress job or family drama or how you're a little groggy from the night before, and what's great about DC is that you can do that everyday if you want. My friend Dave was visiting recently, and the one thing he wanted to do while he was here was visit the zoo, which just reminded me how lucky we are to be able to go for free. Thank you DC for letting me live a childhood moment and make monkey faces and animal noises everyday if I please.

No comments:

Post a Comment