Thursday, October 29, 2009

#22 Jury duty

I know its been awhile, don't take it personal DC.

Most people hate jury duty, which I must assume is because they've never been picked, because being a juror is awesome. Now I know I did say my job is one of the things I love about DC (refer to post 1) but I would gladly miss it to serve on a jury. This last year both my roommate and I got picked on the same day and we both were selected on juries. For a whole week we got to call each other #2 and #6 and watch National Treasure during our breaks, okay I realize that doesn't sound so awesome, but seriously there's something about getting to be on a jury that all fans of Law and Order can hopefully appreciate. Getting to know the other jurors is also fascinating. I happened to be that juror that bullied the others in the deliberation room (in my defense they weren't following the judges directions and were letting their emotions get involved). One of the great things about DC is they have the smallest juror pool of any jurisdiction, so you get the opportunity for jury duty much more frequently than anywhere else. I just wish there was a way I could slip my name back in the pool to make another go at it before I leave....

No comments:

Post a Comment