Sunday, October 4, 2009

#17 Walkability

Again as you know, I was just in San Diego, where having a car is mandatory. I love that when I moved here five years ago I was able to sell my car, because the city is so easy to get around via public transportation (see #5) or just plain walking. I frequently walk to and from work, which takes about as long as the normal bus (not the Circulator, thats much faster than my walking). I should however state that when I saying "DC" is walkable, what I really mean is Northwest DC, or one quadrant, one fourth of the city. Now I've never tried walking to Northeast or Southeast DC or walking within either quadrant, which probably has a lot to do with me still being alive, but if anyone would like to correct me on this (you know all of you reading this blog), comments are welcome. Remember my good friend Stephanie, well she even walks to Northern Virginia (typically only late at night along the GW parkway, but...), thats how walkable this city is.

1 comment:

  1. I was getting all excited to comment that one could easily walk from Eastern Market to Arlington at night along the side of GW Parkway after a few martinis (though with help from the po-po for the last mile)...and then you beat me to it. Jerk.

    ReplyDelete