Thursday, September 10, 2009

#1 Jobs

I should mention that I'm in Lima, Peru for my job right now, which may be influencing this post and my appreciation of it as part of DC, BUT I would still say that DC is a very easy place to get a job and has a wide selection of very cool jobs. As an example here's what my friends do:

-PR for National Geographic, thats Nats Geo for those of you in the know
-Event Designer on the Hill
-legislative staff for numerous Congress people
-Manager of Strategy for United Way, just this job title is worth it
-kitchen and bath designer
-Project manager for international children's foundation (BTW, she's also in Peru for work right now, coincidence? Or does this prove my point?)

The other thing is that people don't come to DC for its hot nightlife or great weather, they come here for one of these great jobs I've been talking about. So in addition to there being great jobs, everyone (exaggeration) loves their job, even if most of the time they act like they hate it and are working too many hours for too little money.

P.S. I'm going to Machu Picchu this weekend. Thank you job, I appreciate you.

1 comment:

  1. It's actually "Nasty G" for those of you in the know. Will also accept Natty G.

    ReplyDelete