Tuesday, September 15, 2009

#6 Smart Conversations

This post sort of goes along with Everyone's Dork, and I'll just warn you now there may be a fair amount of overlap since I do need to come up with 100 things.

One of the biggest things I first noticed when I moved here was that the first question people ask you is, "So what do you do for work?". In other cities I've lived in, the first question would probably be "So what do you do for fun?" or more likely "Is your father a robber, cause he stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes?" Additionally, in most other cities, if you try to discuss politics in a bar, you probably won't have many people to talk with, whereas in DC if you don't know about politics, people will probably move on pretty quick.

Of course, all of these comparisons have pluses and minuses, but what you are always guaranteed is having smart conversations at a higher frequency, well unless you're in Adams Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment