Thursday, September 10, 2009

#3 Reagan National Airport


You might be thinking who loves/appreciates airports? Most of the time you want to spend as little time as possible, and probably spend more time complaining about the experience than anything else. This is why I love National Airport even more, which to be fair is not actually in DC, but I would argue is part of the DC living experience, so I'm including it.

I happen to travel a lot both for work and a little bit of fun here and there. I've been to a lot of airports and have had a lot of bad travel experiences, and yet everytime I walk into National Airport, it feels like a warm hug (coming or going) and I'm so glad to be back. Here's a few things that make Ronald Reagan National Airport awesome:

-metro accessible, and not from some metro to the shuttle to the metro or metro to the MARC to the shuttle, but actually just walk out of the terminal onto the metro
-no long security lines, I don't know how they accomplish this, but keep it up, I'll be back to visit in a few weeks
-Potbelly in one terminal, Einstein bagels in the other
-Terminal A, this is like the annex to Reagan National and you can basically arrive 15 minutes before your flight and walk through
-the view of DC as you take off/land
-the fact that you have to fly over the Potomac so the plane doesn't go over Kennedy's grave (its like living a piece of history on every flight)
-a cab from the airport if you choose not to take the super convenient metro is 20 dollars and 15 minutes, instead of other terrible area airports which will remain nameless

National I love you!! Never change! I'll see you in three days for another hug

No comments:

Post a Comment